Today is the last day when you can book an All-Inclusive stay at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Plata in Dominican Republic for $19 per person per day. That makes the cost of staying at this huge resort with fabulous grounds including all the food, booze, activities and entertainment (which is on a lousy side, though) $38 for two.
I’ve stayed at this resort twice before, and couldn’t recommend it highly enough, but with a qualification. Read my post from April 29 that includes links to my other detailed photo-reviews of this resort. Here is the recap of the deal per Travelzoo. One correction I have to make is that Travelzoo claims you can book a longer than a week stay over the phone at this rate. That has turned out to be wrong, so I removed that reference.
All-Inclusive Resort for $19 a Night per Person. It’s Real and It’s Spectacular!
1. Stay from four to seven nights from September 1 to November 15 for $19 a night PP PD.
2. In addition, you can stay May 1 – Aug. 31 or Nov. 16 – Dec. 23 for $10 more.
3. They charge extra $5 per person per day for the Cofresi part of the resort (it’s the same resort and you can use all the facilities no matter where your room is). I loved Cofresi betterm but paying extra $10 is not worth it in my opinion. You may try and request an “upgrade” to Cofresi if you’re coming in low season. Oh, and “nightly entertainment” sucks for most parts.
4. Travelzoo still mentions top shelf drinks at the VIP Beach. Nice if true, but still worth it even if it isn’t.
5. I am surprised it’s still available. Can be taken out any moment now.
I am booked for the end of Oct — beginning of Nov. We were lucky enough to grab an AA award flight from NYC to Puerto Plata on American via Miami. Another option is flying to Santiago (better availability, but longer 2-hr drive). Or you could a flight on JetBlue, which is an American Express Membership Rewards partner.
If you are going at about the same time, give me a holler so I could buy you a drink! 🙂