We are playing a fun game on my Facebook Page: you tell me where you want to go, and I tell you how to get there without dipping into your savings. My new friend Dorothy asked me how she can fly to both Paris and Prague from Salt Lake City for the price of taxes. I’ve checked and checked and I must admit: I’ve failed you Dorothy. The best I can do is $60. Will that work?
Not that I can’t get you there for the price of taxes, but the taxes will be higher than $60. I could fly you to Paris on American, then connect to Prague on Czech Airlines using Delta Skymiles, and then fly you back to Paris and on to the States, but you will pay so much more in miles and taxes that “free” becomes much more expensive. Instead, I recommend you do the following:
1. Go to my Free Flights section and sign up for one of the Citibank AA credit card applications if you haven’t done that already. I recommend the business card, because they wil lgive you a $150 statement credit (yes, you absolutely can apply for a business card even if you don’t run an official business). Then meet their spend requirement and grab this coveted 50,000 AA miles bonus.
2. Go to American website and plan your trip. Here is what you should do. Choose Redeem AAdvantage Miles and Multi-City search. Plan your itinerary from SLC to CDG and PRG to SLC. If you can go before May you will save 10,000 miles and pay 40,000 miles total.
3. Book one-way flight to Prague on Easyjet. For the dates I chose for my example it will set you back 44 Euro or about 60 bucks.
4. By booking a multi-city itinerary rather than two roundtrip flights you’ve saved yourself both time a money. And remember that $150 credit, too.
5. Pack your stuff and go, you deserved it.
If you think you could use some FREE, quality travel time in your near or even not so near future, check my books. More free flights and free luxurious hotel stays are just moments away! Check them out. You’ll be glad you did!
FLY ME TO ATLANTIS: Almost FREE Travel to Paradise Island, Bahamas
HILTON SECRETS REVEALED