This is going to be short, so brace yourself. 😛
The 50,000 Chase United Club offer is back. It’s been on and off for at least a few years alternating between the bonus and the annual fee and no bonus and no annual fee. I’ve never felt compelled to get this card before the 5/24 calamity because I hate paying for miles and don’t find a lot of value in United Clubs, but I have to admit it’s a solid deal. If you’re flying under the 5/24 radar, consider getting it, especially if you fly United often and collect United miles.
I will only list notable feature and forgo real and fake benefits offered by most other credit card products.
- $450 annual fee.
- Nothing really
- 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- United Club membership worth up to a $550 value per year. Gives access to all United Club locations and most Star Alliance lounges worldwide to you and your travel companions.
- 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all purchases and 2X on United
- Better award availability. This is not an advertised perk (at least I didn’t find it), but Chase United cards have been known to offer this elite benefit to card holders, including holders of a regular MielagePlus card. I don’t know if the Club card offers even better availability than the MileagePlus card.
- No close-in award booking fees on United tickets. Those of you who say it’s easy to avoid with the United Trick — well, sometimes it is, and other times it isn’t. That’s coming from experience.
- Hyatt Discoverist Status and Hertz President’s Circle Elite Status – not mind-blowing perks, but still.
- Upgrades on award tickets for Premier members
- Premium insurance benefits: Trip Cancellation / Interruption, Baggage Delay, Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Trip Delay Reimbursement, and Primary Car Rental insurance.
All in all, a decent offer and a great card. I’d grab it if I could.