My Atlantic City Status Match Adventure — Part 1: What’s Still Working and What Is Not
My Atlantic City Status Match Adventure — Part 2: Total Rewards Diamond Benefits IN DEPTH!
My Atlantic City Status Match Adventure — Part 3: MGM M life Gold Benefits IN DEPTH!
My next and last status match adventure took me to the Hard Rock Casino, the newest reincarnation of Taj Mahal, which closed its doors 2 years ago. After the $500 million facelift, Hard Rock Casino looks much nicer than Taj Mahal ever was, IMHO. I’ve been visiting Atlantic City for 20+ years, so, yes, I saw it in its heyday, too.
Hard Rock Casino still matches CET Total Rewards Diamond to its highest Rock Royalty tier.
Notable benefits of Rock Royalty (and here is the whole list)
Rock Royalty Upgrade Benefits
- Two complimentary nights, valid any day of the week
- $100 Bonus Free Play
- Two complimentary tickets to Motor City Live
- One-time entry for you and one guest into Fresh Harvest Buffet or Legends Lounge
- Upgraded accommodations upon request
- Priority line at Fresh Harvest Buffet
- Access to Fresh Harvest Buffet and Rock Royalty Lounge for you and a guest for $10 Comp Dollars per person
- Complimentary valet and self-parking
- Complimentary show tickets to select shows
- Priority line at check-in
- Priority line at Wild Card Services
- Priority line at the casino cashier
Is it worth it?
If you live within driving distance of Atlantic City — absolutely! Because look what you’re getting: 2 weekend nights, the bonus play, and 2 buffet entries (I thought the new buffet, unlike the old Taj buffet, was pretty decent). These bennies alone can easily save you around $600 or more. Regular Rock Royalty benefits are harder to evaluate, but free parking and all these priority lines should be worth something.
Was my whole Atlantic City Tier Match spree worth it?
I believe so. It took me a couple of hours of work, yes, but it got me a bunch of benefits that could easily be worth thousands of dollars. Of course, whether it works for you or not depends on your travel patterns and other factors. However, these benefits are so extensive and far-reaching that at least some of them are bound to help.
Let’s sum it up!
Wyndham Rewards Diamond Notable Benefits (full list):
- Preferred room
- Suite upgrade including award nights
- Late check-out
- Early check-in
- Points bonus
- Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards status match
- Avis and Budget car rental upgrade (US and Canada only)
- Welcome amenity
- Give Gold
Total Rewards Diamond Notable Benefits (full list)
- Free or discounted hotel stays
- No resort fees on any hotel stay
- 20% discounts at casino gift shops
- Complimentary valet & self-parking, including Las Vegas and Atlantic City
- $100 Celebration Dinner
- 20% discounts on Norwegian cruises (Insides To Suites)
- Access to Diamond Lounges
- Priority lines at hotel check-in, restaurants, casino cages, and the Total Rewards Center
- Priority lines for cabs and valet parking
- Free access to spas in Vegas ($20 at Caesars)
- Complimentary stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas
MGM Mlife Gold Notable Benefits (full list)
- Bonus on Points Earned Playing Slots: 20%
- Bonus on Express Comps: 20%
- Priority Hotel Check-in Line at the Front Desk
- Room Upgrade (subject to availability at check-in, excludes suites)
- Dedicated Line at the Buffet and Participating Restaurants
- VIP Line Access to Select Nightclubs
- Complimentary Valet and Self-Parking
- Borgata Atlantic City Benefits for New Members:
- $100 BONUS SLOT DOLLARS or Match Play
- Complimentary Stay in a Classic Room
- Access to VIP Lounge
- Hyatt Explorist Status Match:
- 4 Club lounge access certificates (valid on award nights, too)
- 20% Bonus Points on all eligible purchases
- Complimentary premium Internet
- Dedicated elite check-in area
- Upgraded room based on availability at check-in
- Late 2 PM checkout
- Waived resort fees on free night awards
Have I missed anything? I’m sure I have, so why don’t you spend a few moments and tell me about it? 🙂
When I called Hard Rock AC to book one of my two free nights from my status match, I was told the two nights have to be used consecutively or lose the second night. But, I had mentioned the status match from Total Rewards. So, the HR rep asked what status I had with TR. When I said Diamond, she explained that there is a separate promotion that gives one free night at the hotel for TR Diamond members. She suggested I use that promotion instead and save my 2 free nights to use later. Wow!! If you have TR… Read more »
Thanks for the info, Mary. Very interesting!
Hi Andy, I have a question for you. Do you still remember when do the hard rock tier match offer expired when you were there? I saw this offer again today, exactly the same benefits. But then I realized that the whole offer expires at 5/31, and they said all promotional items expire at the same day. That includes any free play, complimentary rooms or ticket offers. Since I don’t want to waste the comp rooms, I am thinking that if I should wait to their next offer time. But I’m not sure that if they will have the same… Read more »
Xiang, sorry for the late reply. 5/31 is their normal end of the status year, and I don’t remember when or if that offer was supposed to expire. I don’t think there was a set date, honestly.
Thanks for your reply. I checked again and found the offer is back again with no expire date. Anyway, thanks for your article.
Thanks Xiang, that’s good to know. My year has just expired, so I’m going to try and match again.
If I status match CET Diamond to Hard Rock in July 2019 how long will the upgraded status at Hard Rock be good?
I believe end of May 2020.
I’m thinking of taking a trip to AC for Labor Day Weekend. What do you think is my best bet to call in advance to see if they’ll reserve me comped rooms to confirm status match upon arrival between Hard Rock, Borgata and Ocean?
Melis, unless you’re a high-roller looking to change your favorite playground, the chances are nil. Labor Day Weekend is selling in the neighborhood of $500+ now. As to the status match, they won’t ever do it on the phone, you always have to go in person. Good luck!
Hey Andy loved the article. I stumbled upon it and I have saved thousands of dollars! Thank you!
Glad I could help Austin and thanks for the comment!