The All Inclusive Dominican Republic Resort Deal
As far as I’m concerned, this is a public service announcement. Lifestyle Tropical is a huge and sprawling All Inclusive Dominican Republic resort featuring beautiful 4-star + grounds, over a dozen different pools (some with waterfalls), lots of activities, and quite decent, although NOT gourmet, food in over a dozen restaurants. I’ve been to that place number of time, and I have written about it extensively — they should hire me to be their enthusiastic spokesperson, but they will not because…
They sell timeshare. You are not required to attend a presentation, but they are sure hoping you are. Remember that, and you will be fine. A gentle No, thank you and a smile have yet to kill anyone.
I’ve been there three times, I think. First and second time we paid $12 and $15 per person and they put us in a junior suite. It was fantastic. Third time we paid $19 per person, and they put us in an old, lousy hotel room that, yet, failed to spoil our vacation. I guess they had abandoned all the hope to sell Timmy and me their timeshare because they haven’t approached us even once! We still enjoyed ourselves — the room be damned.
All Inclusive Dominican Republic $50 a Day Resort: VIP Beach
This deal is better!
A similar Groupon deal shows up every now and then, and this is much better. Yes it’s more expensive (and they now charge about $5 in taxes and fee per day), but you get much more than a basic room. I will paste the links to my previous reviews so you decide if it’s worth it or not.
All Inclusive Dominican Republic $50 a Day Resort: VIP Beach Jacuzzi
Included in all-inclusive stays:
- All meals and drinks at onsite locations, including local beers, premium spirits, house wine with dinner, juices, and soft drinks
- VIP package, including access to VIP beach, VIP pool, and VIP sports bar
- Access to Ice Nightclub (including drinks listed above)
- NEW BENEFIT: Access to the NV VIP Beach (see the Q&A)
- Green fees at Los Mangos golf course (once per person per stay along with courtesy transportation)
- Access to special Groupon concierge from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
And did you get my bit about top shelf liquor? Just checking.
All Inclusive Dominican Republic $50 a Day Resort: Waterfall Pool
These are the links to my previous posts about this resort. Read them and you’ll know everything there is to know.
All Inclusive Dominican Republic $50 a Day Resort: VIP Beach: Lazy Pool
- Summer stays cost more (too hot anyway).
- The voucher covers two adults.
- Kids up to 3 stay free, 4-11 — $20 a day,
- Third adult in the room — $82 a day (better book another room for $99 and spread out).
- Extra bed in room is available for free (email the property)
- You will need to make reservations for the à la carte restaurants as early (like early morning) as possible.
How to make this deal better
Ebates has 15% off 250 stores including Groupon.
I had my doubts whether or not the cash back applies to Groupon Getaways, so I shot an email to Ebates asking for clarification, and it seems it does.
Thank you for your email. Currently, Groupon and Groupon Getaways are offering 15% Cash Back. The only exclusions would be deals that are sold and fulfilled through a third party website. As long as you are able to click through and complete your order on the Groupon website, it will be eligible to earn 15% Cash Back.
So if you do get 15% back, the price goes down to $42.50 PPPN plus about $5 taxes and fees. I’d say $96 for two people in a suite at a beautiful resort is not a deal, it’s a steal!
You’re welcome! 🙂