A year ago, in light of the upcoming huge Hitlon devaluation of 2013, I wrote the post aptly named: Hilton HHonors Armageddon. Oy! The point of that article was that while there had been some really drastic devaluation of some of their best properties, they had also introduced some positive changes. Two Flyertalk members Jerry305 and Richdary kindly contributed the list of changes in XSL format. Richdary did especially great job, by organizing the hotels not only by categories, but also geographical regions.
This month, Hilton introduced some changes to their program on April 15th. While most changes have been quite minor, there are some worth mentioning. That’s why I updated the Richdary’s file and you can have it here:
Here are some changes worth mentioning (IMHO, of course).
Here are the new additions to Hilton portfolio:
- New Cat. 8 Hilton Garden Inn Central Park South in New York
- New Cat 7 Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo
- New Cat. 9 Concorde Opera Paris
- New Cat. 4 Doubletree by Hilton The Point Hotel in Edinburgh
- New Cat. 6 Hilton Kiev in Ukraine
- New Waldorf Astoria Beijing
Hotels moving up in a category:
- The Arctic Club Seattle, Hilton Seattle, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Boston – Downtown, Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, and Hilton Sorrento Palace (Italy) from 6 to 7.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa – Arpora – Baga from 1 to 3.
Hotels moving down:
- Washington Hilton from 7 to 6
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona and Hilton Barcelona hotel from 7 to 5
- Alexandra Barcelona, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel from 7 to 6
- Hilton ParkSA Istanbul from 7 to 6
Full list of changes is here.
Photo By: Paul Cross